CMS was founded in 2007 by a group of local citizens concerned about the economic health of downtown Carthage and beyond. In March of 2008, we celebrated our official designation as a Mississippi Main Street Community. And do we stay busy ...
- We sponsor events that enhance our community such as Main Street Live, Sweets and Treats on Main Street, Movie in the Park, and Sippin' Cider.
- We promote local retail with "Be Square - Go Local" campaigns in the Spring and Fall.
- We work with governments. Both the City of Carthage and Leake County officials have been great partners as we have worked to establish programs aimed at historic preservation, community design, and economic expansion.
- We protect our unique heritage with visual reminders such as the historic calendars.
- And finally, we believe in community pride. During 2012, we encourage you to look for significant design improvements in the heart of our community that will create an inviting atomosphere for both citizens and visitors.
Carthage Main Street takes 3 Awards at MMSA Luncheon
Carthage Main Street won three awards this year at the MMSA annual Lincheon held in June. The Awards were: Best Public Improvement Project, Aaron Ackers won the organizations Special Service Award (Private Sector) and Carthage Mayor Jimmy Wallace won the Special Service Award (Public Sector).